Engaging content makes a world of difference for small businesses. When customers visit your website, having content they can interact with actually boosts leads and sales!
FACT: Video is more engaging than written content.
“Users” or people who come to your site have a longer retention rate when it comes to video content. Sure, written content is a huge asset, but the videography experts at Video Brewery
report that 64% of users are more likely to take action on a site after watching a video! They go on to say users stay an average of two minutes longer on a page after watching video related content.
As a small business owner or entrepreneur, this is an opportunity you can’t turn away! Videos can be used throughout your website and enhance your content in more ways than one.
Where should video content go?
The neat thing about video content is the versatility that comes with it. Spire’s Content Director, Patrick Sprague, recommends having a demo video on your product or service page. In his experience, small business owners have seen an increase in sales by 85% with video content placed strategically here.
Other places that are perfect for video content include:
- Page headers. This is super cost effective and establishes a great, immediate connection with users!
- Slideshow on homepage. Capture users with beautiful videography.
- “Why Us” page. Use a video to explain your culture and engage people who want to learn more about your small business.
- Anywhere! Get creative! Spire has a phenomenal content department ready to work with you and create compelling content and attract quality traffic!
Aside from your website, video content can be implemented on a multi-platform base. If you have an awesome video explaining who you are and what you do, this can also go on your social media, as well as email marketing campaigns. Have a presentation coming up? Use a video to leave a lasting impression.
Measure Results with Video
Being a small business owner means your time is limited. The cool trick with video content is that you have access to analytics that show a few factors to gain more views:
- Show how long users are watching your video.
- Find the strongest points throughout video.
- Find where people stopped watching the video and modify it to keep people tuned in longer!
- Measure click-thru-rate or CTR improvements
Video content creates a bond with your audience. For small businesses, this is important. This allows you to stand out from the competition! Being able to reuse your videos on multiple channels saves you time and money – two things your business values! Intrigue your customers visually and balance their thirst for information with written content. This gives your website a perfect balance.